Over the past few months, I have joined hands with others in finding the gifts of gratitude that are woven into the fabric of my life--the tiny details that sometimes go unnoticed, but yet it's those small details that really hold everything together. Just like gratitude, I must take the time to notice their intricacy and beauty.
As everything seems to be moving at such a fast pace, a blur, a spinning that does not cease, I find it hard to merely stop, catch my breath and notice these tiny details woven into her story and give thanks for them.
- Paperwork reaching her country in record timing
- School coming to an end, offering more time for preparations
- Anticipation building of meeting her
- Brothers and sisters eager to pick out & share toys/clothes for their new sister
- Money given months ago for our adoption, lost but now found in perfect timing
- My children and neighborhood children working together to juice lemons, selling lemonade up and down the street to help raise funds to bring their new sister/playmate home.
- Screaming deal on a used electric drum set for The Talker, he using money painstakingly saved for months
- Used drum seller refusing the money, insisting it be used toward her adoption
- Bounty of little girl clothes donated by loving friends for trying on her at the orphanage so we can figure out what size she is, lovingly given to leave for those she will leave behind
- Tears shed over goodbyes as a dear friend leaves for the mission field in Haiti while we are a world away in her country
- Hunting, hunting, hunting for dress pants for my short legs, finally found
- Spontaneous hugs from my kids, storing them up before we leave
- Friends giving of their time to spend with my kids allowing me to accomplish what needs to be done to get to her
- Treasured moments as a family, experiencing mini-golf together for the first time
- Suitcases borrowed, ready for filling
- Toys/activities given by loving hearts for play with her while we visit
- Making new internet friends along the way as her story unfolds
- Watching the numbers climb as people we don't even know, selflessly hosting "Love for Anika" parties, writing their part into her story
So many details coming together and yet so many still to fall into line in just this next week alone. We could use a bit of prayer for those details. Will you play your part in her story by joining us in praying over those details?
- Passp*rts/Visas due to leave the Embassy on June 2. They must reach us by June 3 in order to depart on time.
- Errands to run, meals to make, funds to come together, time to spend as a family
- Packing for 7 people...enough said
- Getting everyone where they need to be and making sure everyone knows their part in child care
- Remembering everything I need to remember, even the little things like library books turned in
- My man working 80+ hours/week to finish up renovations at his job on top of his regular work, all so he can be ready to meet his new daughter
- Rest for my hard working man's weary body
Thanks can never be enough to you for coming alongside and cheering us on as His story unfolds through her story.